COVID-19 an update from the clinic
To our patients,
We know that this can be a daunting time to travel publicly with the spread of COVID-19. We have had quite a few patients calling up and asking questions about the practice and how we go forward from here.
Today we're going to answer these questions for you!
Are you still open?
Yes! We are open during our regular hours from Monday-Friday (8am-6pm) and on Saturdays (7:30-11:15). Should there be any changes to this, we will be making regular updates on our social media and contacting patients who are affected by appointment changes directly.
We have also been advised by the health department to ask all of our patients the following questions before their appointments:
1. “Have you been overseas in the last 14 days?
2. “Have you been in contact with anyone who has travelled overseas in the last 14 days with flu symptoms?”
3. “Have you had any flu like symptoms recently?”
Unfortunately, if you answer YES to any of the above, we will be unable to treat you until the 14 day period is clear. This is advice given to use by the Queensland Health Department.
How are you maintaining healthy hygiene standards?
1. All physiotherapists are limited to two beds, with patients being spread a bed apart in the clinic.
2. All beds, equipment used and stretching stations will be wiped down with paper towel and disinfectant, and a fresh head sheet will be made available for the next patient. We will also be spraying glen-20 on all beds after use. 3. After all patient appointments our physiotherapists will be washing their hands with the appropriate and recommended methods with soap and water. We will also make our back office available to patients who would like to wash their hands upon entering and leaving the clinic.
4. Hand sanitiser and tissues are available at all physio stations, as well as the front desk.
5. Waiting rooms and social distancing! You'll see a bit of a change in our waiting room with chairs spread a metre apart.
How do I get to you without walking through the UQ campus?
Some of you may already know that we have clinic parking available which is right outside the front door of the clinic! AND IT'S FREE! - Enter UQ from the Sir Fred Schonell Drive entrance. Continue along the road and drive straight through the roundabout (an athletics field will be on your left). - Turn left into Blair Drive, then turn right into the 2nd street on the right - Union Rd. - Proceed along Union Rd and turn left at the top of the road - at the "Geoffrey Rush Drama Studio" sign - Follow the road as it veers right. Our sign-posted car parking area will be on your right. The entrance to BSSP is approx. 20 metres away, to your right.