Peter Herzig (APD, AccSD)
Accredited Practising Dietitian
Accredited Sports Dietitian
Level 1 ISAK Anthropometrist
M.NutrDiet, BSciApp (Ex-Sci) Hon
Peter is an Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) and Sports Dietitain (AccSD) who is passionate about a client-centred approach to nutrition; tailoring advice and plans to the individual.
With a background in sport science and an extensive history of cycling, Peter enjoys fine-tuning the nutrition plans of all cyclists, and is currently the consulting Dietitian to the QAS cycling squad. Peter is also very passionate about the nutritional needs of recreational, junior, club, Audax and Gran Fondo participants.
Peter’s interests lie not only in sport. He enjoys helping people from all walks of life to meet their nutritional goals by tailoring advice to their individual circumstances.
Particular interests to Peter include:
· Nutrition plans tailored to the individual
· Sports Nutrition: endurance sports specialist (cycling, running, tri), event nutrition, active child nutrition,
recovery nutrition, fat loss, muscle gain, team sports.
· Malnutrition management (weight gain)
· Diabetes management
· DVA clients
· Correcting nutritional deficiencies
· Balancing body composition goals and training recovery
· Chronic Disease management and NDIS (coming soon)
· Sustainable weight loss
· Junior sports nutrition and everyday eating
· Race planning
· Advice for the travelling athlete
· Presentations and Training Camps
· Coeliac Disease
Peter is in the clinic fortnightly on a Thursday and Friday (all day). He is HICAPS enabled (health fund dependent) and accepts GP plan referrals (please note a gap will apply). Initial appointments are 60mins, with reviews 30mins. UQ student/staff rates apply. For further information, please see: www.centrednutrition.com.au or phone the clinic on 07 3871 0633.